Monday 28 March 2016

Levels one and two development

Here are the first two levels of the game, with the traps added. The first level is good, but might be a little too difficult because of the swinging boulders, the second level feels a bit bare in comparison. So I need to develop that further. I want the levels to feel like you progress in terms of the difficulty without it being unfair, especially when there aren't any checkpoints, I don't want the players to give up because they keep having to go back to the beginning of the level when they die.

This i just the levels with the backdrops and props added, there are quite a few things like the rocks, that I ended up not using but I may revisit the look of these levels once I've spoken with the rest of the team. The backgrounds are using a subtle parallax effect that I prototyped earlier in the project.

 
These are the backdrops as one image each, in Unity each layer is a separate png that I have copied across to fit the level.

Update: 12/04/16


I added some clouds to the second level to make it feel more complete, and I made them parallax as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment