Thursday 28 January 2016

Parallax test

Before I started painting any backdrops or assets, I set up a unity project to test out how the parallaxing effect for the backdrops will work. I was following this tutorial
https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/2d/2d-overview.

I painted a quick greyscale example to use, and made sure I each part on a separate layer so that I could import it into Unity as multiple images.

I got it working as it turned out to be very simple, I just used the script provided in the example and made sure all the layers were set up correctly.

Update (03/03/16)
I made a new set of backdrops and tested the parallax again to  make sure I can place the props and have them move with the background. It turns out I can just nest the objects together and it works fine, so I should be able to easily apply this to the game. I might need to go back and add shadows around the base of the trees, but I’ll see how it looks in the actual game first.

No comments:

Post a Comment